In His Steps...

Back in 1999 my dad gave me the book In His Steps: What Would Jesus Do by Charles M. Sheldon. I have tried on numerous occasions to read the book, but have never gotten past the first few chapters. Regardless, I am again beginning my journey through this book, and I am painfully challenged by its contents. Yes. Painfully.


Making the decision to act as you believe Jesus would is challenging, but if it is truly applied in every context and no matter the cost, it is often painful. I'm still only partway through the book, but I am hit by a desire to also follow in Christ's footsteps. The thing is, its not something you can just decide and expect the decision to have no repercussions. Truly, you must weigh the cost of following Christ. And I am pained by my own failing will to following him no matter the cost.

Following Christ in big things isn't so difficult, but I find the small things challenge me. Anway... more on this another time. It's not a topic I really want to brush over and move on past. I just need more time to truly express all my thoughts, desires, and even fears... For now. May God be with you!

Comments

Popular Posts