Humanity.

Humanity is the place where we fall.
Humanity is the place where we break.
Humanity is the plague we fight to escape.

Some fight, and through grace, they rise.
Fleshly desires are defeated.
But some fall.

I am angry,
for Satan is too eager to attack our leaders.
And when they fall-
the damage caused
multiplies.

Why are we not praying more
that God would put his shield of protection all around them.
That God would hedge them in his net of safety.
Why do we forget those prayers until after
Satan has stabbed the very heart with his traps.

I have no other words to say.
I am broken by my own humanity.
But also by the humanity of those I've followed.
I am at a loss of comprehension.
I am burdened with the need for prayer.
Pray for your pastors.
Pray for your leaders.
Pray for your brothers and sisters.
Pray for your missionaries.
Pray.

Pray. For I'm not sure how else we can escape this humanity of ours.
Prayer is our best weapon against Satan's attack.
And I for one do not want to see my family fall.
And as a body of Christ, we are family.
When one falls, we all hurt for it.

Comments

Popular Posts