Price Tags

It's only 8:24, but I was lying in my bed getting ready to go to sleep when I started to think about my desire for God. I started to think about wanting Him, and wanting to want Him more. Well, all these thoughts lead to something that I pray impacts you. And selfishly, even more so impacts myself.

How often do we want things? Advertisements on TV flash images of things at us that stir up desires for them. Sometimes we go to the store and buy stuff no matter the cost. How many people rush to the stores to stand in line and wait the night before a new item comes out. They REALLY want it, and are willing to pay ANYTHING to have it. They sacrifice time, sleep, and money and may even raise a fist or two just to get what they want.

On the other hand, there are times when we see things and think we want them. So we go to the store to buy it, but when we see the price, we decide against it. It just isn't worth the cost...maybe if there's a sale... We still "want" it, but we decide we can survive without it.

Sometimes our salvation is like this. Sure, we want to be saved. We want to go to heaven. Sounds great! But what price are we willing to pay for it? You know there was a man once who had a desire to be saved. In his earnest, he asked Jesus, "What must I do to be inherit eternal life"? Jesus said, "Go sell all you have and give to the poor and come. Then come and follow me" (Mt 19:16-30). I've thought a lot about this young man lately. When I read about him, I sense sincerity in his question; and hunger. Yet when Christ stated the price, He was disappointed. The price was too high. The sad part is, there are no sales on salvation.

I am challenged. I see a young man in the scripture who I imagine left disappointed, and I wonder what my response would have been in the same situation. How badly do I want God? Sure I want Him. But what price am I willing to pay? What about you?

Oh God, please stir up a desire in me for more of you. I want to be the person rushing to be first in line. Willing to wait no matter how long. Willing to pay whatever the price just to have it. To have YOU! I don't want to just look in through the store window and look forward to the day I can have what's inside. I don't want to be the person who walks away from too high of a price. I want to sell all I have and rush in to the store. I pray, Father, that I wouldn't just want to want you... but that I would HAVE you no matter the cost. And in truth God, I don't know if I know what the cost is; but I pray that each day I continue to pay the price.

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts