I wish there were words for how I feel.
But there are none.
I've used them all up on empty moments
and now I am empty too.

..................................................................

Man. Poetry can sure be depressing sometimes. Can't lie. I feel the way I wrote above, but how pathetic to stay there in that moment and rot. Not me. At least not today. For in Christ Jesus, I am more than a conqueror... Neither death, nor life, nor principalities, nor powers, nor overtirednesss, nor life's frustrations, nor good nor bad... etc. Nothing. Can separate me from the Love of God. So that is cause for Joy. If nothing else. I will smile because He is my strength. He is my constant and faithful Lord, Lover, and Friend. He sees my dramatic emotions. Smiles. Embraces me. And gives me the most gentle nudge forward...and at times, a good hard shove.

.................................................................

In the midst of my despair, You were there.
You heard my cries. You whispered "rise".
You put truth in my heart. And commanded - "Depart"
Lies try to direct my gaze. But you inspire praise.
Satan depletes, but you complete.
I laugh for joy, for Satan's ploy
is doomed to fail.
I will prevail.

Amen. And Amen.

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts