The Ache Inside.

I hate pain.
The way it creeps into your being
with hardly any warning.
It's indescribable,
and sometimes feels, incurable.

It wraps its sharp fingers
around the heart and squeezes.
Until every last drop of blood
is covering the floor.

And what hope is there?
When dreams seem lost in the fire.

These feelings, like a tornado,
rip through my being and
threaten to destroy.
Yet, there is something else in me that pauses.

My eyes are lifted up,
My spirit reaches for the truth.
This ache inside.
It is nothing but a moment.

Oh Why. Why are you downcast oh my soul?
Put your Hope in God.
For I am determined.
I will yet praise Him.
My Savior and My God.

No matter what tomorrow brings.
I will choose again.
I will trust in Him.

Though growing pains torment me.
I thank My God in this.
He who began this good work in me
will complete it.

Oh God, that you would see this ache.
And let the fires cease.
I pray You'd not delay.
But quickly send release.

Comments

Popular Posts