Part 1 - Imperfection meets Depression.
by Sarah Finkenbinder

Imperfection met depression
On the long lonely road.
She just wandered off to clear her thoughts,
But got weighed down by her load.

In the silence and solitude
Lies bombarded her with force.
Anger tried to turn her sour.
Serenity tried to change the course.

The battle raged within herself
the struggle was to much.
Crippled by Humanity,
she ran from Love's touch.

To keep others from seeing flaws
Imperfection built a wall.
Not many could climb that high
and no one heard her when she called.

So, all alone with Brokenness
Imperfection finally fell.
Then Depression rushed in
and kept her from getting well.

Part 2 - The voice of Truth.
by Alexander Cuilty

She lay there for a while,
as Depression told her lies;
"Your nature, weak and vile
is abhorrent to His eyes!"

Her tears fell down unhindered,
in the hopelessness of her plight,
'Twas then the darkness splintered,
her pit was filled with light.

With a cry, Depression fled,
as Truth strode into view.
He quelled the lies inside her head,
with words she forgot she knew.

"I am with you when you fall,
the loneliness is a lie.
I saw you hiding behind your wall,
I heard your desperate cry.

I was with you in your battle,
I followed you, when you ran.
In the lies your faith was shaken and rattled,
Yet I was there and held your hand.

I've been with you on every section,
of this road so long and taxing;
You have been called Imperfection,
but I, Love, call you Beloved -
And I love you everlasting.

Comments

  1. Beautiful Sarah! You have a gift for communicating with words!

    Love you! Wish we could have crossed paths the other day--Maybe some other time!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts