When I get up, I just fall back down again.

Did you ever hear that song by superchick? The chorus goes something like this...

"If i get up i might fall back down again
so let's get up come on
If i get up i might fall back down again
we get up anyway
If i get up i might fall back down again
so let's get up come on
If i get up i might fall back down again
I might fall back down again
We'll just jump and see, even if it's the 20th time
we'll just jump and see if we can fly"

It feels so real right now. 2 hours ago I was soaring. An hour and a half ago, I was speaking truth and filled with joy in the lord. An hour ago I felt weighed down and broken. Life just isn't predictable... :)

God never said the walk with him would be easy. He just asks me to press on and keep moving. Though I stumble, He catches me. And he sets my feet back on the firm foundation and pushes me forward again.

So, Lord, I come before you. My humanity has caught me by surprise and knocked me off balance once again. I confess that I am selfish by nature. I confess that though my spirit is willing, my flesh is weak. Come and be my strength once again. Restore in my your joy. I've fallen Lord, and may fall back down again, but I'll get up again.

Comments

Popular Posts