The Dead Bolt --and I mean dead.

I am sitting here, slowly cooling down from my rage of frustration over the deadbolt on my front door. Its been sitting there for a while waiting for a part in order to finish being changed after the first frustrating attempt. Finally, all necessary parts are here, including my dad, and the lock is ready for try #2.

Being Miss Independent, I don't ask my dad for help, but feel ready to try, knowing he's nearby. I quickly figured the lock out and began to put it all together, but for some reason it didn't work. And after rearranging and re-screwing that thing in every possible way, it still wouldn't work! Even with dad's help, it just wouldn't work! And while dad is staying calm, I am getting more and more frustrated that this seemingly "easy" project is resisting completion!

So two of my enemies - Perfection and Impatience are fighting against each other. Impatience is ready to hang perfection - just get that stupid thing together and call it quits. Perfection is demanding the front be straight...

I remember my recent decision to let perfectionism go, and the old decision to try and be more patient. It's not right that one project should test them both. :)

Anyway, this blog is inconclusive, but I wanted to applaud myself for making an attempt to let perfectionism go by getting up off this computer before coming to the conclusion and trying that lock again... Okay Patience, here I come... Perfectionism - see ya!

(Ps: In my recent research, it says that I need to applaud myself for little successes and not beat myself up for not meeting the ideal...thus the applause...)

Comments

Popular Posts