Dear ...

Control,
Why do you control me?
Control,
Why don’t you free me?

Control,
You acted as my friend.
But Control,
You put joy to an end.

Control,
Why do you taunt me?
Control,
I hate your hold on me.

Control,
Give me room to grow.
Control,
It’s time that I let go.

Control,
You were only a façade.
Control,
You’re not mine, you’re God’s.
------------------------------

Perfection,
You are imperfect.

Despite your performance,
You know the truth.
No matter how much you strive
There will always be more to do.

No matter how high you rise
You will never reach the top
And when that hits you
Guilt will make you drop.

So Perfection,
You must be released.
Or you will be destroyed
By your own disease.

Perfection,
Receive God’s Grace.
In the light of His love
Your imperfections fade.

Perfection,
It’s only by His hand that you can reach the top.
Perfection.
It’s time for you to stop.
---------------------------

Worry,
Why are you so afraid?
Worry,
Why do you doubt the Lord?

Worry,
Thinking and thinking does no good.
Worry,
Let it go – You did all you could.

Worry,
You seem sincere,
But Worry,
Let me make this clear…

In Jesus name,
I command you leave.
With you, there’s no room
For me to breathe.

Worry,
I’m tired of hearing you fuss.
Worry,
Meet your replacement, Trust.
----------------------------

Trust,
You are so difficult to hold.
But Trust,
Without you, I’m so cold.

Trust,
In your arms I can rest.
Trust,
I know your way is best.

Trust,
You dispel all fear.
Trust,
You remind me God is here.

Trust,
Would you fill my heart?
Trust,
I need you in every part!

Trust,
You are the sweetest thing.
Trust,
You make me sing.

Comments

Popular Posts