Surprising Tears

I tend to hold back tears and try to be strong, but any strength I display is a facade. Inside I am mush! Yes, I have strength because the Lord is my foundation...and when I am weak, I am strong...

My mom got Steven Curtis Chapman's CD that was written after his daughter's death, and as I was reading his lyrics and what he wrote, I was just balling! I've never lost a daughter, but I can feel his pain. So I'm reading the lyrics aloud and my mom and I have tears streaming down our faces, and my dad is holding his in... Wow, my family is mush :)

You can truly see the depths of a person, when they are hurt and broken but they still turn to God. Steven Curtis Chapman clearly has a real relationship with God. You can sense his pain, but you can also sense his reaching out to God. In spite of his questions of pain, He declares God to be faithful and chooses to Trust Him.

I am challenged. How easy is it to turn from God and cry out to him in frustration at our life's circumstances? It is much more difficult to turn to him and praise Him and trust Him! But that's exactly what I hope I will never cease to do, no matter how difficult my life may become or what crosses I bare... or long it takes me... So long as at the end of the day, God still holds my heart!

Comments

Popular Posts