It's 8 am and I slept in.

I'm sitting here in my bed at 8 am, Sunday morning. I slept 3 hours past my normal get up time and it is amazing how refreshing it is... Outside the birds are singing, and the sun is streaming in my window, and the silence offers me an opportunity to reflect. I remember why I love the mornings so much. I love the sun rising on a new day presenting new opportunities. I love the birds singing in celebration of God's creation. I love the fresh start each day offers.

Today my mind is overflowing with thoughts and prayers... both are things I don't have much time for. And my heart is beating with anticipation of what might be before me. Each day I am presented with choices, but sometimes, I am just too tired and would rather make no choices at all.

And now a random poem...
-----------------------------------------
The Tree

A tree rose up in the middle of the field.
A bull ran to it, demanding it to yield.
The tree, roots deep, stood up tall.
The bull-Determined to make it fall.

Each day that bull would butt its head.
It stabbed that tree to make it dead.
But still that tree sprouted leaves
and cheerfully waved with every breeze.

Months went by, and then a year.
The bull-Shocked, the tree, still here.
The tree-Scarred, Continued on.
And then one day-the bull was gone.

Time went by, and then an ax
Came chopping up each tree he passed.
But when he came to the scarred up tree,
He decided to leave it be.
----------------------------------------

The meaning of the poem...
Sometimes I just randomly write poetry and it may not have any intentional meaning. This could perhaps have been one of those poems, except I really do feel a deeper meaning. I imagine the tree as the Christian, and the bull as the enemy. The enemy (Satan), is determined to wound us and stab us-with the intention of killing, stealing and destroying us. But we have an advantage- We have roots that go deep into our foundation-Jesus Christ. And despite the wounds we receive, we can stand tall and still produce fruit in our lives ('sprouted leaves'). Satan can wound us but we don't have to give him our joy ('cheerfully waved'). And eventually, if we are steadfast ('the tree, still here'), we will have victory over our enemy and he will move on because he has been defeated ('then one day-the bull was gone').

And on top of all that... Usually we can't see how God uses the trials of yesterday to prepare us for victory today...

On a side note...God allows trials, but though He wounds me, I will trust him. I will stand. I will cheerfully dance. Scarred, battered and bruised. Still I will press on and praise him.

Job 5:18 - "For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal."

Hosea 6:1 - "Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds"

He never fails. His love endures forever. His faithfulness is more than enough. He hears my cry. He comes to my rescue. He's by my side. When I fail, He still loves me. I know I know I know!! He is faithful, He is strong. Through the falling and through the storm, I will put my whole trust in Him- Never Failing, Faithful God. (Excerpt from "Ever Faithful" by Brad & Rebekah)

Comments

  1. Its good to read your blogs and keep up with you. I miss you and I love you. Are you doing well. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts