Another Day of Being New...and More

So today was another day to be new. One thing I'm learning, again, is that life is tough. I say this with a smile because my God- He never leaves my side. Even when I don't feel it, I know he is here and I look towards Him with hope!

When I got home from work today I determined I would get my lawn mowed. So, I went and filled my little gas can up at the gas station, then I got my new lawn mower out-ready to tackle it. I filled the gas, got the oil in, screwed the screws and set out to mow. But... Something was wrong. The thing would not start, not even close to start... Luckily my neighbor saw me and I must've looked pretty clueless, because he came over when I had barely begun and asked if I needed help. I hadn't reached frustration point yet, but I gladly accepted his help. And that's about when we figured out I had not pulled the handle out and it was blocking the blades... Oh instructions. How I wish I read them... Anyway, he gets the thing going and walks away. So, I started mowing and noticed how short the grass was and so stopped the mower to adjust the blade. Of course, when i went back, I couldn't get the thing to start again. Had to go ask my other neighbor for help. But even after she left, the thing kept dying. And after a few stomps of my feet and mental pep talks about how I'm new and don't need to get down about this, another neighbor came and helped me out. This time we figured out the real problem and I was able to mow the rest of my lawn with little incident. I'm proud to say my lawn looks ten times more fantastic as of now.

I must also give God some glory and thanks for blessing me with great neighbors. One of my neighbors came over a little later and helped get rid of all the little helicopter seeds that fell from my maple. She worked on it for an hour at least, I'd say. Wow. God is taking care of me.

One thing I am trying to come to terms with is how easy it is to rely on people. And I want to turn to people. And it's not that that is all bad, but I believe that God doesn't want me to forget that ultimately it is HIM providing for me. I guess I will keep struggling with turning my gaze back onto him, because frankly... Life looks so beautiful when He's in sight...

I struggle very much with hope, and trust. But praise be to God. He made me new. And as I renew my mind in His word and push into his presence, I believe it will come...

Thank you God. Thank you that you know the plans for me. Thank you that you never give up on me. And thank you for Marty, Bill, and the other neighbor whose name I can't recall....

Comments

Popular Posts