Most people have that thing... The thing they love, they seek out...

I mean, we all need food, so we usually seek it out at some point, but some LOVE food. They devote their time to finding out about food. They practice different ways to make it better. They spend time looking at cook books, using different spices, exploring grocery stores. They work to perfect a recipe... And then, usually, they also share that food with others. As they try new meals out they let others enjoy them. They work hard to cook, but it doesn't seem hard to them. Because they love it.

Some love sports. They force their body into submission as they work out to improve their skills in their chosen sport. They practice day after day. They devote themselves to improvement. The run harder, they do more weights, they try new skills to improve their game... They wake up early or they stay up late. They sacrifice other venues of entertainment because of their devotion to their passion. It's a lot of work, but the end result motivates them to press on.

Some love music. They go through hours of voice lessons, guitar lessons, piano lessons, and whatever other kind of lessons. They practice hours during the week. They play the basic boring pieces to attain the skills they need to advance. They suffer through frustrations of missed notes and possible stage humiliation... Why? Because they love it. It may be hard, but it is worth it to them.

The sad thing is, some people love things, but they never learn to push themselves towards it. They tell themselves they can't do it, or they are too scared to try. Me? I love so many things, but nothing more than Jesus. Sometimes, I cut my legs out from beneath myself. I look at my failures instead of my victories. But if I can close my eyes for a second and share this thing in my heart. My heart burns for Jesus. I want to devote myself to him. I want to push myself towards him. I want to study his ways and exercise my spirit. I want to devote myself completely to Him. And though it may result in sacrifices and difficulties in other areas, I KNOW the end result with Him would be worth it.

Hm. And when any of those people meet someone who has the same passion, a joy sparks in them, because they are able to share the thing they love with someone else...I love crying out Jesus' name, and even more so when I hear the echo of my brother or sister in Christ. Jesus. Jesus! Jesus. Jesus!

My soul cries out for the living God. It cries out! Even when I distance myself from him, I am like a smoker who craves for his smoke or an addict who craves his drugs. Only for Jesus... I CRAVE Jesus. The difference is, I don't want to break my addiction, but rather, feed it. I want to become more addicted. I want to become consumed by Him.

Look, words are easy. I know. I'm just telling you what's in my heart. The truth is. There are a million things in this world that pull me away. And a million things within myself that pull me away.

That's why I love being in God's presence. It is at those moments that I feel more pulled towards Him. And when with my family in Christ, I feel more pulled towards him too. I guess that is why He tells us to not give up gathering together... Anyway, this Easter Sunday, I want to open my heart up to God. I want to be made empty so He can fill me. I want to love Him. Because He loved me...

Comments

  1. I miss you Sarah. This blog was just perfect for this time. thanks. I am actually sitting here trying not to cry at it, b/c I just put my makeup on. hahaha. LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts