93 years old and still building forts...

If you've ever played the game Quelf, you know what random is. Now imagine playing that game with your parents and your 93 year old grandma... I've always wished that I had gotten to know my grandma better, but in just a few hours yesterday, my awe of her grew immensely.

When I first arrived in MN, my dad, sister and grandma were looking at a video of WWII prisoners being released. I got to see one of the camps my grandma had been in! And not only that, but she was there the day the video was shot! I was able to hear her account of how they brought food...and the bread... she said they hadn't seen bread in a very long time!

Then later last night, we played Quelf. She was a great sport about it and on her turn when the card said to go build a fort with couch cushions and stay there until your next turn, she went and did it without saying a word. How amazing is my grandma?

Then this morning, I told her I'd move my car so she didn't have to squish in between the bushes and car to get in, but she didn't wait for me, she just shimmied her way in between those bushes and got in the car.

Then, during the meet and greet part of church - the part, I have always shied away from- she got up and went to shake hands with people. So I did too. She's inspiring I tell you. Inspiring.

She is my new hero and I thank God for this new insight into the rich heritage I have-and not only that. But the amazing, spunky, and incredible Grandma I have...

Comments

  1. What a sweet post! Makes me wish I knew your grandma better too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me three! Have fun for us Sarah and tell us all you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma, you rock! :) You guys need to have her over! :) hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts