Psalm 42 Self Talk-Sarah Edition

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my Soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, the living God. WHEN can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night" while lies and doubt "say to me all day long, 'Where is your God?'" perhaps he has forgotten you. "These things I remember as I pour out my soul:"
-How I used to spend hours with God, dancing and laughing "with shouts of joy and thanksgiving. Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
God, "My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you". How you have blessed and protected me throughout my life. How you brought friendships that have molded and encouraged me. How you defeated the lies in my mind and freed me from fear's stronghold. How you filled me with overflowing laughter. How you have spoken to me in times of desperation, and provided for my needs. "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. I say to God my Rock, 'Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?" My heart suffers mortal agony. "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I" Sarah "will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."

Even now, you are moving in my life and creating a whole new revelation of who you are, and why I exist. Be Glorified in me.


(parts in quotes are actual scripture, while unquoted parts are my personal touch)

Comments

Popular Posts