A complete stranger has no power to hurt me the way that a loved one does... that's why it's important for me to remember that my war is not against flesh and blood... Sometimes Satan uses those closest to me to tempt me and to crush me, probably because they have the most influence over me...

All that to say, I want to remember that at the end of the day, I'm the one who decides my reaction. I can choose to be angry and hurt when unkind words or insensitive actions confront me, or I can choose to forgive and give grace.

I think I'm still grappling with this God of mine...who has GREAT love, and who is RICH in mercy! Who saved me by GRACE (Eph 2:4-5)! Who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine (Eph 3:20)!!! WHAT???? Now that's amazing... Think on that for a moment...

Comments

Popular Posts