He's not finished with me yet...

A quote from Beth Moore's book, So Long Insecurity: You've been a bad friend to us.

"As I live and breathe, I am not the woman I used to be, but the fact is, I started this journey because I wasn't yet the woman that I wanted to be. Somehow I don't picture her [the woman i want to be] sitting around fixating on all the delicacies of her inadequacies like I too often have. Surely she feels too good about God to wonder why she doesn't feel better about herself. I have a suspicion she's never going to be as perfect as I picture, but the woman I want to become is still a long shot from the one [who began this journey]. That's why I thought I'd better get on with it. God was right to bring me here..."

It could be me speaking. I'm tired of going up and down, and quite frankly, when I'm low, I struggle to press on and not be a quitter. But as a good friend reminded me, I am strong. Though I don't always keep control of my emotions, its not hiding my emotion that makes me strong, but my actions. I choose to press on. If I get up, I might fall back down again, but I'm gonna get up anyway (thanks superchick for such great lyrics). I have struggled and triumphed, struggled and triumphed, struggled and triumphed. So now, in my struggle, it is time to remind myself that I will triumph. I am humbled, yet again, by my imperfections, but I am awed, once again, by God's mercies, which are new every morning.

So listen up Soul. I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I will never be put to shame, because I hope in the Lord. He is the solid rock on which I stand.

Although I'm tired of this rollercoaster, there's no point in getting off at the low
point, even though that's when it seems easiest... I chose to stay on this crazy ride and look upward... that's where this ride is taking me next... Maybe next time I see this bend coming, I'll remember to flip the switch to route myself down a different track.

Comments

Popular Posts