A Bridesmaid's eye view...

The wedding march is playing, and I watch, from the front of the church, as my sister walks down the aisle with my dad towards her groom. I notice my mom holding back tears in the front of the church, and as I glance over at my sister Joanna, I notice tears welling up in her eyes as well. She notices mine at the same moment, and we both let out a choked laugh.

Rachel is beaming. A huge smile on her face.

After the Pastor asks "who gives this woman", my dad chokes out brokenly, "her mother and I do".

During the first song, I glance over at Matthew, the groom, and see his smile welling up with tears, making mine even more difficult to hold back.

Although, I've been a part of weddings before, never have I been a part of the family. I gained a brother yesterday!

Weddings are chaotic. A lot of work. Stressful. A whole lot of time, energy, and money packed into a short day. But, at the end of it, I walk away with this - It was beautiful. My sister was beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts