Little Rocks in my Heart

Sometimes life is just plain painful. We are often caught in the cycle of hurting and hurting people... And at times, there is nothing that can be done about it. You just have to struggle with the pain that stabs into your heart and cuts away at what we hold dear. To see loved ones in pain and to helplessly watch, cuts away at me and reminds me of my own pain that others are unable to mend. Why there are things in life that have the power to cut so deeply is beyond me.

I used to feel anger when I hurt. Anger is stronger and less vulnerable, but lately... I am feeling nothing more than plain pain. I cannot be angry with God. I cannot be angry with others. I can't even be angry with myself. It's just that I hurt. God knows I hurt... And I'm so thankful to Him. Because He draws near to the broken hearted...and I need him near me.

I guess now is the time in life to accept the pain, to lift my head and persevere... And at the core of me, remember that all of this, is just temporary. God is at work within me, and although I do not understand everything that happens in my (or others') life, I know that I am loved by a God who will never leave me or forsake me. I am loved by a God who is rich in mercy. I am loved by a God who is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine. I am loved by a God whose mercies are new every morning. I am loved by a God who gave His only son in order that I might have life. I am loved. Not because I deserve it, but just because.

Comments

Popular Posts