A seed of Joy in a Heavy Heart

Everyone has those days. You know. Those days where you struggle to grasp the joy of the Lord. Rather than light, your heart is heavy. I guess it really isn't about whether or not you have those days, but what you do with them. Recently, I have had the motto of "joy through the trials". Today that was a little more rough.

I asked my mom for a verse and without really knowing what I was feeling she gave me the first one that came to mind - Ecclesiastes 7:3, "Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart". As I was looking this verse up, I found another that encouraged me...

Ecclesiastes 3:9-11, "What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end".

In the end, a heavy heart I can live with, because God is still near and still at work in me. He will complete what he started! Now, that's something to be glad about!!

Comments

Popular Posts