Just another morsel of Faith

Luke 21:14-15
But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.


For someone like me, who is used to planning and preparing for what might come, the thought of not planning my defense ahead of time is difficult. But do I really believe God's word is true like I say I do? If so, then I must believe that God will give me words and wisdom, just like he said he would.

Luke 21:16-19
You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. All men will hate you because of me. But not a hair of your head will perish. By standing firm, you will gain life.

From looking at the lives of the disciples and with the first part of that section of scripture in mind (as well as with my study Bible's commentator's thoughts) it appears that the above passage is not referring to physical safety. My Bible study notes suggest that it indicates that there will be no real spiritual loss. In either case, I choose to trust in God.

May my actions reflect my words above. Thank you, Lord, for increasing my faith!

Comments

  1. Thank you Sarah. These are good reminders.
    I'm excited because I believe God is going to do great things!
    Romans 8:23-25

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts