Relationship with God

While so often the physical world that we can see seems like reality, I believe in a greater reality. The reality that God exists and is always with me. The reality that "our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Eph 6:12). The reality that "we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:37-39). I believe in the reality that some day I will be with God forever...

While everything before my eyes tries to hold me.
I hold onto You.
While this world tries to weigh me down with its burden.
I chose Yours.
While temptations tear at me and offer fleshly pleasure.
I seek pleasure in You.

While even in the Christian culture, disagreements break out.
I find my peace in You.
While theology can be uncertain and confusion may prevail.
I come to you for truth.

You are my light, and my salvation.
Whom shall I fear?
No burdens I bear are too heavy, for I cast my burdens onto You and You give me peace.
No temptations I face are uncommon to man, but in You, I overcome them.
No disagreements, or confusing theologies can turn me from Your love.
I choose You, I desire You, I want You.
Heaven will be for me, wherever you are.
It is not so much streets of gold and pearly gates, but the wonder of your presence that I seek.
It is not morality or religion, but relationship with You.
The focus is not my perfection alone, but in You, my redemption.
I will confess Your name more and more.
You are, and always be, the One that cannot live without.
Love, Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts