TENSE

My mind has just been going through so many things lately, but today, I may have come across something good...

Have you ever been through a procedure where you are told to relax? The thought is that if you relax, things will be less painful...Which I have found to be true. From shots to women's papsmears to childbirth (my mom's words) to sitting in a chair for an extended period of time (trust me, that can get painful if you're tense), relaxing your muscles can make a huge difference in the amount of pain you feel. I've begun to think that this can apply to not only to the physical realm, but also to the emotional and spiritual realm.

So often, we are emotionally and spiritually tense. We are worried about the future, stressed about the present, carrying around baggage from the past. This approach in life can leave us exhausted, broken, and in a lot more pain than we needed to be if we had just released those things to the Lord...

I have more thoughts about this, but I'll keep turning them around in my mind. I just wanted to put a bit down, because I think this might be worth further examination...

With Love, Sarah

Comments

  1. This is definitely a topic worth thinking about... I do believe that you make a very valid point when you say that we leave ourselves exhausted. God said that His yoke is light & He will give us res, so when its heavy, it must be our own burdens that we add to the yoke that weigh us down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts