I did it my way...and I was frustrated!

I opened up my Bible this morning (specifically, my new Joyce Meyer Amplified Study Bible) in James 4. My eyes were instantly drawn to this little "Life Point" Study note on one side of my Bible, and I read it. What I read really hit home with me, and so I wanted to share it... See below:

"All human beings have evil tendencies, but James 4:6 teaches us that God will give us more and more grace to deal with these tendencies.

I spent much of my Christian life trying to overcome my own wrong motives and intentions. All my trying brought much frustration. I had to come to a place of humility. I needed to learn that God gives grace to the humble, not the proud (see I Peter 5:5).

We have our own ideas about what we can accomplish, but often we think more highly of ourselves than we ought. We need humble attitudes, knowing that apart from God, we can do nothing.

If you are planning your own way, trying to make things happen in the strength of your own flesh, then no doubt you are frustrated. You probably have said, "No matter what I do, nothing seems to work!" Nothing will ever work until you learn to trust in God's grace.

Relax. Let God be God. Stop being so hard on yourself. Change is a process; it comes little by little. You are on your way to perfection, so enjoy the trip."

In the amplified Bible, James 4:6 says "But He gives us more and more grace (power of the Holy Spirit, to meet this evil tendency and all others fully). That is why he says, God sets Himself against the proud and haughty, but gives grace [continually] to the lowly (those who are humble enough to receive it). [Prov 3:34].

Read the rest of James 4... It's good stuff.

Be Blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts