Poor Baby Bunny subjected to the cycle of life...

I was outside with my roommate's dog, Sky, and instantly, Sky started chasing down rabbits and squirrels, to which I responded, go get em girl - not really thinking she might actually do it... Since I was in the middle of making dinner, I left Sky outside and came back in to finish cooking my meal... that's when I heard it. Something that sounded like a squeaky toy... I look out the window and Sky clearly had something in her mouth... I thought a bird. So Gabby and I ran out to try and save the poor creature. I guess a bird wouldn't have been so bad, but it was baby rabbits. Sky had already killed one, and she had another one in her mouth. Maybe she thought it WAS a squeaky toy, all I know is that I felt so sad for those tiny little rabbits. They didn't even have their eyes opened yet.

Gabby was pretty calm... of course, things like this happen in nature. Animals die. It's a cycle of life. Anyway, sometimes I think its good to remember that "the cycle" exists...

I don't know where rabbits go when they die, and am not worried about it, but how wonderful is it to know that when loved ones (humans) die, we can have confidence that we will see them again (if they knew the Lord, and we do too...). 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

The End.

Comments

Popular Posts