S.W.I.Ps Group 3/1/2010

I thought I'd share a couple of emails that I sent out to the small group that my friend Dani and I are leading... SWIPs - Secure Women in Process...

Email #1
Be intentional in taking steps towards security this week! Don't forget to think about what you are saying about yourself! Try to find at least one verse that really speaks to your situation. Memorize it and say it as many times a day as needed. If you keep meditating on and speaking out the truth in God's word, you will begin to believe it!!

I've listed some links to articles on perfectionism that really hit me... I know that for me, giving myself grace to be imperfect has been closely tied to overcoming my insecurities. The articles:

Freedom from the Prison of Perfectionism http://www.gendertree.com/Prison%20of%20Perfection.htm
What is Perfectionism (including steps to overcoming it) http://www.livestrong.com/article/14702-overcoming-perfectionism/
Perfection is a Thief http://www.mmbc-abq.org/PDFs/Daily%20Reading%20August%209%20-August%2013.pdf
How to Excape Perfectionism http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=3845

Email #2
Scripture
Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. "
The Challenge - Every time you look at yourself in the mirror or where ever you feel it fits, say of yourself, I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind"
The challenge - When you feel insecure, afraid, or like you are going crazy (come on, we all have those moments), meditate on this verse. Say of yourself, I have a Spirit of power and of love. I have a sound mind.

Romans 8:1-2 "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the spirit of life set me from the law of sin and death"
The challenge - When you are feeling like a failure and down on yourself, say to yourself I am not condemned, but I AM free...

Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon formed against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me"
The challenge - When you are feeling under attack, say confidently to the enemy (remember you don't fight against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers of this dark world Ephesians 6:12) No weapon formed against me shall prevail.

Psalm 91:1-2 "He who dwells in the secret place of the most high shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, whose power no foe can withstand. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God. On him I lean and rely, and in him I confidently trust"
The challenge - First, spend time in God's presence. Then, no matter what you face remind yourself that I am stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty. HE is my refuge. I lean and rely on him. I confidently trust in the Lord!

I'm sure I could find many other powerful verses, but I'm gonna stop here... If you have a specific situation, struggle, or insecurity and you are struggling to find a verse that really nails what you are feeling, let me know. I will join with you and help find you a verse to fight with. The word of God is, after all, the sword of the spirit...

My question for you is - do you believe the scripture is true? If your answer is yes, then you need to start meditating on what is TRUE, as Philipians 4:8 instructs us to do. You are on your way to victory! God is faithful, and I am CONFIDENT that HE (God) who began this good work in you WILL carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil 1:6) So STAND FIRM, and do not let yourselves become burdened again by a yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1)...

I believe in you ( and me). We can do it! Even if we don't do it perfectly, we are on our way to being more secure women. Praise God!!

Comments

Popular Posts