Running

I went for a run the other night with my roommate, and she runs further than I usually like to, but I decided to run with her anyway. I find that when I run, it is extremely helpful to concentrate on my breathing rhythm... Breath in, one two three, breath out, one two three... And each one, two, three, would represent one of my steps.... When I pace myself like that, I'm able to go faster, stay stronger, and endure longer...

I sent that to a friend who is finishing out tax season... One month to go. I've been there. I know how wearying it is... From January to April, life consists of rising early, working late, sleeping, rising early, working late, sleeping... And although I'm thankful to no longer be doing the tax season push, there are times where life is like a race (Paul agrees-1 Cor. 9:24), and I want to run strong.

I need to find my pace, get my breathing in order so that I can run this race faster, stronger, and endure longer...

Comments

Popular Posts