Don't be afraid. FLY!

Warning: This blog may contain highly imaginative text and is intended for good humor purposes only.

As a result of my dreams last night, I woke up this morning, and had the most brilliant idea!  Why should we be afraid of being sucked up into tornados?  That is your opportunity! This is a once in a lifetime chance... to fly... without any assistance... Just you and the wind baby.  Why go the carnival and pay for those ... contraptions to fly you and jolt you around?  Just you and the wind baby. That's all you need!!

Before you start this type of venture, it is imperative to have training in a controlled environment.  Helments and body armor may be a must.

To start out, I would recommend building a strong wind vortex in a living room, garage, or even better, a gym.  Once you've built this strong wind, make sure you have your protection on. Say a prayer, and then let yourself be sucked in.

Now, if you've ever gone white water rafting, you will have been taught how important it is NOT to panic.  The same rules would apply here.

Rule #1 - DO NOT PANIC. (Saying a prayer is very helpful in reducing panic levels)

Also, if you've gone skydiving, you've learned the importance of keeping your muscles tight and arched.  Now, I can't be certain, since in this case, you would be flying, not falling, but I imagine a similar rule would apply here.

Rule #2 - KEEP MUSCLES ENGAGED

Now, for the basics of driving. You must always be AWARE of your surroundings.  It is important to keep calm and focused while driving, and in this case, the same would apply.

Rule #3 - STAY FOCUSED AND AWARE

And just for all those texters out there, make sure you remember this very important and life saving rule of thumb.

Rule #4 - NO TEXTING WHILE FLYING

Ok. Now that we've covered those basic rules, let's get back to that gym where you've built a strong vortex of wind.  I didn't mention this earlier, but it might be wise to put some padding on the walls, ceiling, and floor, as your practice may result in you crashing into any or all of the above, and you don't want your armor to get damaged before the appropriate time.

In this controlled environment, you will start by getting used to the feeling of being shoved and flown around by the wind (with your helmet and body armor on, of course).  Then, I suggest you start experimenting with how the wind responds to your arms and legs moving in a controlled fashion (remember, no panicking...oh and please let me know how it goes!).  Other than that, I imagine it should be pretty easy.  OF COURSE, you can't forget the importance of learning how to land.

When landing, it is important to remember all of the rules above listed, but also, consider practicing your butt landing.  To aid in this practice, I suggest sky-diving.  You will want to do something similar.  Put your legs out straight in front of you and let the wind propel you forward to the ground. Don't forget to keep your butt lower than your legs so that it is the first thing to land. You don't want to have any broken legs.

Rule # 5 - WHEN LANDING, KEEP BUTT LOWER THAN LEGS.

Once you have practiced and prepared in your controlled environment, you are ready to go!!! Just wait for the next storm to come. Get your armor on and remember the 5 rules above!

Good luck, and, oh! Don't forget to enjoy the scenery!!!


== Disclaimer ==
Please be mindful that this type of activity is done at your own risk, and should be used for survival skills training only in preparation for the possibility of being sucked into a storm.  It requires a lot of skill to jump into a tornado intentionally, though, I'm sure some superheroes out there have done so in order to save the little old ladies who got sucked up.

Also, if you don't know the Lord, I would strongly recommend you get to know Him.  First off, he is the bomb-diggity and totally worth your time.  But secondly, he controls the wind and the waves, and I completely trust my life in his hands, and know you can too!  So, if a storm rises (ANY kind of storm), you can turn to him and be at peace!

Comments

  1. I've got the perfect project for us when you get here. Check out this link on building a hovercraft! And Sarah, I did not make this up and I did not edit the names on this sight. It strikes me that the names in their example story may not be coincidental. (first link I found when typing "wind blower ride" in google!)
    http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas/Aero_p036.shtml

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts