What are you living for? Who?

WHO are you living for?
or maybe, WHAT are you living for?

The words from Sundays sermon still ring in my ears...
"You better hear me saying I love my wife... And you better hear me saying I love my children... But you better hear me saying that I love Jesus more... Can I love the gifts, and not love the Giver of the gifts more?"

I'm having a hard time of thinking how to put what's in my heart into words....
I have a question for myself... Would I be willing to give everything up? All my dreams, and my plans, if the Lord called me too?  Do I love "good" things and the "good" life, more than I love the God who gives all those things?

It's not that I think God is asking me to give them all up, but there is something about knowing within myself that I am willing. That God is worth it... That I love him more than anything... and meaning it...

I know this, I have said many things... I have claimed to Love God more than anything many times... Sang the words that GOD was my EVERYTHING... Told the Lord He could have it all... But does my life back that up?

Slowly Lord, you reveal my own heart to me... and I DO find over and over again, that anything without You is unsatisfying... and everything WITH You is good...

Another point from Sunday's sermon that rings out in my hears, and resonates in my heart...
THE hope of the gospel is not that we are saved from ever going through difficulties, but the HOPE is that GOD is with us through them...

Thank you God... Though this road can be long and taxing, You are always with me... And you always deliver me :) My hope is in You all day long... (and all night)

Comments

Popular Posts