Depravity

Everywhere around me,
the world is falling apart
We, in this day, are seeing
the depravity of the heart.

The hole in man's soul
has become so deep -
The evil that occurs
causes me to weep.

Children dying,
Mothers crying.
Youths are seething,
Fathers bleeding.

Murder, envy, 
bitterness, strife.
Desperate people,
Re-defining life.

Everywhere around me,
emptiness abounds.
People are sleeping
and drowning out the sounds.

Noone wants to face the truth.
Noone wants to see.
Entertainment provides escape,
So we forget reality.

Veils and blinders
Facades and shields
Brokenness hidden -
Refusal to yield.

The Church is silent.
No one to cry out.
We have all forgotten
What true life is about.

Comments

  1. well written and timely with all that's been happening in the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts