Experiment Anyone??

I'm suggesting an experiment.

Try focusing really hard on how good God is.  Meditate on his promises! His faithfulness! Delight yourself in him! Think about how he paid the price for your sins so that you could spend eternity with Him. Because he WANTED to spend eternity with you... Think about how he works all things together for good for those who love him and are called according to a purpose! Think about how GREAT the love of the Father is that he's lavished onto us, and how trustworthy He is... Think about those things, and the other noble and praiseworthy things!

How do you feel?

Now, instead, focus on your life. What's happening in it? What things are going well and what things are going wrong? Think about the things you don't understand and try to make some sense of them...Think about what areas in your life you need work on... Think about how you are going to improve yourself. How are you going to accomplish your goals? How will you meet your needs? Think about your problems. Think about the injustices of the "system". Think about those things, and other things that frustrate you.

How do you feel?

Now. Try thinking about both things at the same time......

I don't know about you, but I haven't had much success in focusing on both those categories at one time.  In fact, even when I waiver between the two focuses, I find myself unstable and unsure, BUT when I fix my eyes on the Lord, suddenly "my life" fades into the distance, and all things truly work out!! My confidence and peace soar!  When I acknowledge HIM in all my ways, He KEEPS his word! He directs my paths! He keeps in PERFECT peace, him whose mind is stayed on Him...

I heard a quote once a few months ago that continues to stay in my heart...
"Trusting in God requires some answered questions and being satisfied that God knows what we don't know"... You know, if I am recalling this right, Job never got an explanation from God about why he had to go through the ROUGH patch that he did, but God did restore Him and bring him out of the valley. I guarantee (if I can say that) that if Job had stayed fixed on getting an answer from God, he may never have come out of the dark place he was in...  As for me, I choose to be satisfied with unanswered questions. And may I never forget it!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts