Whatever the Season...

There are seasons. Seasons where I encounter God and he sweeps me off my feet! He whispers in my heart, and paints pictures in my mind. He sets up divine encounters with others who encourage me. He floods me with his presence and warms my heart with an abundance of hope! Seasons where I am full of light and positivity. Where I see him so clearly and face complete peace as I tread forward. Though my life has troubles, my burdens feel easy and light. Seasons where my feet are quick to dance.

And then there are seasons where I struggle to see clearly. I struggle to hear his voice. He seems far, even though I know he is Near. Seasons where I ache in my heart. Where my burdens feel heavy, and my feet weighed down. Seasons where hope is a glimmer in the distance.

But whatever my season, my heart remains fixed on Jesus. I am drawn to him and long for him. If following him costs my "ease", if following him causes me pain, if following him brings struggles... I still could choose nothing less. For following and loving him is what I was made for, and it is only in following Him and seeking Him that my heart is truly satisfied and delighted.

I am your bride, Lord, waiting to meet with you, My Everlasting King.
Until then, I will press through life and get as close to you as possible, whatever the season.

Comments

Popular Posts