The God we serve!

In Daniel 2, God answered Daniel's prayer for revelation of what dream Nebuchadnezzar had had, AND for the interpretation of it.  I'd say this was a difficult prayer! "Um, God, could you tell me what the king dreampt? And by the way, could you tell me what it means too??" I mean, Daniel was probably much more eloquent than that, but still, a bold prayer!  I wonder, is my faith strong enough to pray a prayer like that?

We see that God didn't disappoint Daniel. He came through! In Daniel 2:20-23, right after the mystery had been revealed to Daniel, he proclaimed,

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever! Wisdom and power are His,
He changes the times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers; You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king."

I was just struck with the God we serve! In my own life, I see the evidence of years of his protection, his guidance, love and compassion.  I see the PROOF that he never leaves me, because he never has. Despite me, He has always been constant.  Truly GREAT is our God.

This passage is such an encouragement and a reminder to us that God not only HEARS our prayers, just as he said he does, but He is a God who ANSWERS prayers.  Difficult prayers are opportunities for God to be glorified! I don't know about you, but I'm asking myself today, what difficult prayers do I need to pray?  The ouch question - Do I have the faith to pray it and believe Him for an answer?

Comments

Popular Posts