Remember who your real enemy is.... - Hunger Games "Catching Fire"

Have you seen the Hunger Games? I tend to avoid movies and TV other than my Little House on the Prairie and what most call cheesy Halmark type films, but a few weeks ago I watched the Hunger Games... It so disturbed me on one level and on another left me overwhelmed with all of the symbolism and insane depth of meaning I was just barely seeing... Tonight, I watched the second movie... I hadn't planned too, honestly, but I went for the company and let me tell you. Wow.

What do you think about that moment in scripture when we are reminded that our fight isn't against flesh and blood but against this darkness... a spiritual world of principalities and powers... ? That scripture serves as a reminder... REMEMBER WHO YOUR REAL ENEMY IS....

Catniss got a similar reminder in the movie. Here she's a pawn in this game and there's a push to fight for herself and survive... there in that game there is survival of the fittest, per se... But someone in the movie says to her, "Remember who your real enemy is"....

Here we sit before movies and are entertained, but I can't help but think more deeply about what it is I am really seeing. Suddenly before my eyes, I am seeing far more than entertainment. I am seeing truth revealed.  You see, we are in a enclosed force field like Catniss in the Hunger games... Really, quite literally... Only this dome is a completely round place called earth :) ... Somewhere beyond here is the REAL world.  But here in this earth while we have sharp words and tailgaters and murderers and abusers and ... so on and so on... I begin to forget who my real enemy is... My enemy isn't the guy driving too close behind me. My enemy isn't the person speaking sharp words to me. My enemy isn't the abusers or murderers...  My real enemy is working to manipulate and deceive me to forget about the world beyond this domed in earth... He is working to completely destroy me whatever it takes.

"There are no winners. There are survivors. But no winners"... -My summary of another quote in the movie.  See, in this life, if we fall into the trap laid out before us, we may "survive" for the time being, but we don't win.     

My mind is spinning and my spirit man has emerged from the dust and is shouting within me... I can't seem to silence this inner voice in me that just screams out and leaves me speaking in unknown tongues and my rational "real life" mind completely flees me. It is in these moments that I realize I don't want to be on the edge, I want to leap over the edge even if that means I fall into the world's definition of insanity....

As I face my physical enemies here on this earth. My face set. My arrow ready in hand to destroy it, I pray I would always hear that little reminder... "Remember who your real enemy is..."

A super good read... http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/november-web-only/hunger-games-catching-fire.html?start=1
Just think about it.

Comments

Popular Posts