Pop Quizzes

Standing next to someone who doesn't seem to have much respect for those around them... Driving down the road with that tailgater behind me... Facing ruined plans... Dealing with difficult people... Responding to the world when I am sick and tired...Without any advance notice, life has a way of sending me random pop quizzes.  What's in your heart, Sarah?  

Somehow these little bumps in a day have a way of revealing what is really going on inside of me.  Do I respond with love and kindness? Do I have grace for others the way God has grace for me? Do I hold too tightly to control or do I trust God when things don't go my way?  In those quick unexpected quizzes, I start to see glimpses of the true condition of my heart.  I start to see that there are still things in my heart that need some refining, redefining, transforming....

And with that I take a deep breath. His transformational work is already in process.  It's humbling to know my heart still needs work, but liberating to know HE is still working.

Comments

Popular Posts