Strange Crossroads

Never before in my life have I had no plan...

After 5 years of age, it's school, then college, then working, and I always had a plan.  My plan adjusted as things went, and as time passed, but I always had a plan and an expectation of what was ahead... Ten years ago, I would have never pictured myself here. Standing at THIS juncture in the road.  I don't suppose Abraham really had pictured it either but when "The LORD had said to Abram, "Go from your country, your people and your father's household to the land I will show you." (Genesis 12:1) he went and didn't turn back. 

A week ago was my last day at Convoy.  Surprisingly, I've been incredible busy as I prepare and proceed with this crazy adventure with the Lord.  I'm packing up, I'm purging. I'm preparing for..... Something to be discovered.

This past week I made my first trip up to Minnesota to help my grandpa prepare his house for an estate sale, and ultimately to be sold.  As I drove into Minneapolis I was hit with the reality of moving there for a few months.  I felt out of place in the place I'd grown up.  I am different. Missouri has become my home, and the thought of moving to Minneapolis, even if only for a few months left me feeling unsettled.  Yet, I wouldn't turn back. 

While the road ahead remains unclear, I continue to feel the push of the Lord to move forward to something... So little step by little step, I'm feeling my way forward on this new adventure. I have no plan. No agenda. No destination. No idea where I will end up. But I know the Lord is with me, and I know that I wouldn't be happy another day staying when He is leading me to go.

So, against all "common" sense and reason, here I go. 

Comments

Popular Posts