I once was bound, but now I'm free!

I've written so little... partially because I am at a loss for words. How does one put into words the incredible things God is doing in their heart? How does one put into words the freedom they are experiencing, the transformation of their thinking?  

In the past month, I have had songs of praise flow out of my mouth to the Lord.  Burdens have been lifting from my shoulders.  Old wounds are being healed.  Old lies are being revealed and then cast away.  If only you could see into the pages of my journal from this past month... Ok not really, but really :).

I have wept, I have sobbed, I have laughed, I have smiled... a lot... 

I've been moved by the Lord through the whispers in my heart, and I've been moved by the Lord through the kindness shown me by others around me.  I have been stretched and challenged...

And it is beautiful.

I was wounded. I was broken hearted, but my Savior came and he set me free. 

In these weeks, my theology has been tested, but I have made a choice.  I will not lean on my own understanding, but I will acknowledge HIM in all my ways and I will trust in HIM.  And as I have done this, God has proven to me that I am safe in the palm of his hand, that I am HIS.  He's reminded me that NOTHING can separate me from His love.... And as I've surrendered my need to analyze and understand everything before I can let go, He has FREED me, and then given me revelation of the truth!

The truth is that I was rejected and hurt as a child, and over and over and over again (I know I'm not alone there), and my enemy used that to his advantage to keep me in bondage, but my SAVIOR, He came and walked me through the process of forgiveness, repentance, release, healing, and ultimate deliverance. 

It is only in the Lord that I am able to see things for what they really are.  And now, I am so consumed with praise for HIM that I am running out of words to say it... 

So how does one share all that God is doing in these weeks?  I guess the only way to say it is, I once was bound, but now... NOW I am free...

Comments

Popular Posts