June/July Update

Friends and Family,
It is past due to send you an update on my whereabouts and past two months! 

Since finishing YWAM in June, my life has been busy with traveling from Texas to Missouri to Minnesota to Arkansas.  During the past two months, I have had the awesome opportunity to share testimonies of my YWAM experience, share songs that God has put on my heart, share in my parents' church (the church I grew up in), go to Family Bible camp :), spend time with family and friends, purge old journals and much of my excess stuff, update my blog, create a FB page for my music (still in process) and see the amazing miracle of the birth of one of my best friend's daughter.
Being back has not always been easy, as I have faced spiritual attack, many distractions and more to draw me away from God, but still, God is so faithful in this journey. He is always right by my side.

Back in December before I went to YWAM, I was full of fear about what I would do after YWAM and how I would live, etc... PRAISE GOD, He did such a work in my heart that when I finished YWAM, I was prepared to listen and wait on his timing to lead me, and had confidence that not only would he provide for my needs (which he has!), but also that he would show me the next step in his time.  During my time at camp with my parents, as I was praying about the future, the Lord spoke to me about applying to go work in Mozambique with a children's home there.  I have always talked about wanting to work in an orphanage, so God spoke to my heart as I prayed "why not now?!".  

I have applied and am waiting on and trusting in God! I was hoping that in this letter I would be able to share the final verdict, but at the moment, I am still waiting to hear from the ministry about whether I can go work with them or not. In the meantime, I am continuing to wait on the Lord, working on my music, and being blessed by my friends newborn daughter and almost 2 year old son! 
I hope to be sending another update soon to share with you the next steps. In the meantime, I continue to appreciate your prayers! If it isn't this ministry with Mozambique, I know God will open the right doors and show me where to step next. He has been faithfully teaching me to trust in Him more....
Thank you all for walking along this journey with me! It has been so nice to see many of you these past two months and I look forward to when we meet again!
Much Love and Blessings,
Sarah
--
Sarah Finkenbinder

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God..." - Ephesians 2:8r

Comments

Popular Posts