I Am A Missionary...

I thanked God for not calling me to missions, and then this year happened...

As a kid, I never pictured myself in Africa. I never felt called to missions. And I thanked God for it... But as most of you know, two years ago, God spoke a small word to me about being obedient in the little steps, and little step after little step led me on this crazy journey and most recently, landed me here in Mozambique.

On multiple visits to the hospitals to pray, God's presence came down and He spoke through me. Multiple times I shared the gospel with a room full of patients, and my heart was pressed. I know the words that came were not my own. Each week a team from the center here goes to the Hospital to pray. We don't see miraculous healings every week, but I have seen God move and speak to the hurting. He cares! One week, I prayed for a little girl who was covered in bandages from burns.  As I looked at her, I was so overwhelmed by God's immense love for her!

During these visits, my heart broke as I realized that there are sick and dying people back home too. People who also need encouragement. Someone to care enough to pray. The question pressed on me... Could I not do these very same things at home?

Perhaps God had to take me on this adventure to open up my eyes. No matter where I am, I AM on a mission field.

See, these days, I can hardly imagine a life outside of missions. After all, no matter where I am, whether in the United States or overseas, there are hurting people. Lost people. Dying people... All around me. We are all missionaries. We are the light and salt of the earth.... Wherever God places us, He wants to use us...

Comments

Popular Posts