Leaps of Faith

"Lord, how many more leaps do I have to take?"  His Answer. "As many as it takes, until it no longer feels like a leap, but simply like walking with me".

These were God's words to me the other day as I prayed about an opportunity that had presented itself.  This past couple years has been all about taking leaps of faith, and that morning as I prayed, I realized that taking leaps of faith is what walking with Jesus looks like.  There will always be different points in our journey with him that we have to step out.  Whether it feels like stepping out onto the water or taking a massive leap from a cliff, walking with Jesus requires faith.

God lead me here, to Zimpeto. Then somewhere along the way, I heard about the need for an accountant in Pemba (another Iris Children's Center in Northern Mozambique). I dismissed the whole idea because of the heat, and on account of not being sure I really wanted to go back to accounting, but when the director here came to me and shared how God had brought me to mind in prayer, my heart began to burn. 

God began to speak to me. Trust me. Yes. Go......

As I prayed, the answer only became clearer. I don't know the end of the story. I don't know if I will end up there, but yes, I needed to take this step of faith and go visit and see what God does.  And the words of one of my friends came back to me as further confirmation. ''I have sense of strategy, that He has carefully arranged everything for you, and is leading you by the hand in the way you should go. Trust and believe for the abundance that He has in store, and don't be afraid of the leap :)'''. 

Next week I will be taking that trip to Pemba for a week long visit. Only God knows what He has in store, but I know that He is directing my steps... 

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see what happens! Doors will open at just the right time. AMAZING. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how I can pray for you or leave comments about my posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Popular Posts