My Heart Belongs to You

Reading through my journal and came across this... I wrote it while I was in Mozambique... It's not the best song, but it's my heart's cry to my wonderful Lord....

What I cannot say with a multitude of words, I pray you'd hear.
I pray you'd read between the lines of every melody.
A thousand songs are written, still I'm trying to express,
my love for you, I can't seem to define.
I only know my heart's expanding right out of my chest.
Everything I knew before is fading...
The closer that you are, the more overwhelmed with joy I get.
This life inside me is better than anything I've known.
I cannot give you the worship that I long to in a song.
My heart is longing to give you something more.
So may every word I speak and every move I make be a symbol of my undying love for you.
May every song only emphasize what I've already displayed.
My life is yours and my heart belongs to you.

Comments

Popular Posts