My Resolution - 2016 Song Reflections

 
My Resolution
Though the enemy planned to beat me down with an onslaught of despair
Instead he drove me to my knees- 
Straight into God's arms in prayer 

While he thought these constant pounding waves
 would drown me in the sea
Instead they caused a deeper faith to begin to rise in me

And He thought the fires he sent my way 
surely would burn me to the ground 
But there in the midst of the deepest pain
My purest joy was found

-Chorus-
I'm resolved 
That even through the darkest night 
Still I will praise you
I'm resolved
That no matter what I face
Still I will trust you 

Verse-
The longer he attacked me
The harder that he tried
The closer to Jesus
I was as I cried

The stones that he threw my way
To elicit my defeat
Were the very Stones I stood upon
As I drew to Jesus' feet
(Back to chorus)

-bridge-
You are the one who makes the sun to rise
You are the one who calms the storm
You are the one who creates new life in us
With you is where I am home

Comments

Popular Posts