The Measure - 2016 Song Reflections

-->


This song is still a work in progress, but I wanted to share the lyrics anyway because it was an important part of my year as God reminded me that when Jesus died on that cross, the power of His love was spoken out, and when I wonder if God loves me, all I need to do is look at the cross and be reminded of how deep and powerful his love truly is!
 
The Measure
-Chorus-
Thank you Lord (2x)
For all you've done for me
Thank you Lord
You paid the price 
so I could be free
(Repeat)

-Verse-
Id been measuring myself using broken scales
kept falling short of the mark 
and every effort failed
I’d forgotten the measure of my worth
Is found on Calvary's tree
The place where you died and
Gave your life up for me
(back to chorus)

-Bridge-
With your arms wide open
As far as they could reach 
The truth of love was spoken
(repeat)
With the power to redeem

Ending
I've been measuring myself using broken scales
But you have another measure 
It's a love that never fails 

Comments

Popular Posts