Success

My success isn't measured
By the things that I get done
Not by the things that I've collected
Nor by the races that I've won
No my success isn't measured 
By awards or accolades 
Not by raises or promotions
Nor any measure of mans praise

The only thing that matters
at the end of the day Is You, Lord

Did I search out your secret place
Did I live my life in your embrace
Did I surrender my life to your plans
And let you mold me in your hands
Did my identity come forth as new in You
Did my life reflect the words you gave were true
At the end of everything
I'll succeed if I remain in You

My success isn't measured
By the ministries I've done
Not by the miracles I've counted
Nor by the souls that have been won
My success isn't measured
By a number or by fame
Not by books or by a platform
Nor by all the world's acclaim

At the end of the day
Only one thing remains, Lord
You.

Did I give you all the glory
Did I magnify your story
Was everything I have to show
A product of your loves overflow
Were you the meaning of my every breathe
Did I trust in you through life and death

At the end of everything
I'll succeed if I remain in you

(c) Sarah Finkenbinder 2017

Comments

Popular Posts