A Mirror

Can we fully understand or describe the power of God's words over us? Our culture teaches us to focus on what we have not or are not, but God's culture is different. In his culture, he calls us Saints before we ever did anything to deserve that description. He calls us Righteous because of who HE is, not because of who we are... and in His culture, something amazing happens for those that believe his word.  They begin to act like and sound like what He has said.

In James 1:23-25 it says "For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing." At one time in my life, I thought this scripture was talking about seeing how unworthy and what a sinner I was, but recently God corrected me. It is not a mirror that reflects what sinners we are but it is a mirror that reflects our true image—- our righteousness in Christ! We were made in Gods image and as we read scripture we see how he created us to be and what He paid for us to have! We are NEW creations!!

I AM a Saint! I AM Righteous. I AM seated in heavenly places.... There was a day that these words felt very uncomfortable to me. These words aren't logical, but they ARE TRUTH. The more I believe what scripture says about me, the more I reflect it in my life. The more I get to know who GOD is, the more I reflect HIS image.

Comments

Popular Posts