The Motivation for my Crazy Journey

Once upon a time, I was a young girl who had one dream. Get married. Have kids blah blah blah. ... Yeah yeah yeah, you've heard this before!

A few years ago that was the only dream I remembered and thus was the only dream I ever shared, but in the past few years and especially the past year, God has been reminding me of my MANY dreams as a young child. 

As a young child I also dreamed of being a teacher, a writer, a singer and.... I wrote sermons, songs and stories. In the flurry of dreams, I didn't know which direction to go. In college I had different ideas, but settled on accounting. I was good at accounting and thought that'd make a good career for my simple married mother life. I always thought that God's plan for me was simple. As my life story has played out, it's been clear that is NOT the case. 

I remember a time that I thanked God for NOT calling me to missions, but recently my mom showed me a "life story" I had written about myself around 11, and in it, I was going to be a missionary. INTERESTING!

Well long story short, the motivation for this crazy journey of the past 4 years of my life really is Number 1 about Jesus. But as I have followed him on this adventure I have found my heart pulled more and more towards missions. I feel confident that however that ends up looking, I will be doing missions work in my future (and present ;)).

I also have felt the Lord calling me to teach. Again, how that EXACTLY looks isn't clear to me; however, I feel God has been making it clear that I am to take steps towards that. At the moment, I believe where he is leading me is teaching about HIM in a ministry capacity. My passion is in getting our hearts whole and getting to the root reasons of why we do what we do.

So, while I can't tell you I am going overseas to be a long term missionary, I can tell you that I believe I will be going back to India, Mexico and Honduras in the future. I believe I will be teaching in some capacity (whether with kids or adults I don't know), and I believe I will be singing in the midst of all I do simply because, I think my life should be a musical :).

And THAT my friends is why I am doing what I am doing. Did you catch the number one? It all comes back to my ONE THING. The one I'd lay down my life for, and am learning day by day what that looks like. Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts