Is it Enough?

Is this enough?
This meager offering of myself.
It’s all I have. But is it enough? 
I pondered these questions to myself in pain as I reflected on all the talented people around me. Nobody would want to hear my song, and why would God? Why would God want to hear my imperfect rhythms and simple tunes when he could listen to their perfect pitches and beautiful melodies? 
Perhaps what I had wasn’t enough? Perhaps no one would ever want to listen and would never hear what was inside me. But it was all I had. All I had were these little seeds of love to offer to God and I determined then and there. I would give him what i had. It was no symphony or song worthy of great awards but it was my heart. My heart written out on paper. Just a simple melody saying to my best friend- I love you. Would he accept the simple offering that it was? Would he compare me and see I’d fallen short? It mattered more than I wanted to admit but in that moment I opened my mouth and sang with all my heart. This is what I have Lord, I give it all to you. With open arms I’ll sing- from the depths of my heart. I love you. Oh Jesus I love you!

And then it happened. He came, just as He always did, and he loved me back. He accepted me. He marked me. And I would sing the song, simple or not. A thousands times again and again as He fills my heart with his love. All of me Jesus. You can have all of me. Every part. Take all my heart. This is what I have, I give it all to you.

Comments

Popular Posts