When I Look in the mirror

When I look in the mirror I see a landscape of beauty. I see the wrinkles around my eyes from the many smiles I have worn, but also the shadow of battles being fought and won in the mirror of my eyes. I see the confidence of a woman who has faced her insecurities and come out the victor. I see the small petite figure of a girl who once thought her curves too boyish and unacceptable only to discover that she was perfect just as she was. I see beautiful legs, not as lean and fit as they once were but still strong and able. I see the contour of my arms, a free gift from God and the blueness in my eyes as they sparkle and dance at me. I’m beautiful. I don’t see a super model or a face or body absent of its imperfections. I see the marks of the zit I tried to squeeze and the redness of my eye from rubbing it all day. I see every little blackhead waiting to be squeezed. I see the eyebrows needing plucked and every couple of days, the greasy hair waiting to be washed. I see the flaws. And I am beautiful. 
It is not perfection that has made me beautiful. And my flaws cannot steal my beauty. 
I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I know it full well. The Highs and lows of every contour of my body come together in harmony to make me who I am.


 And I am beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts