Home of Hope-The place that God used to teach me

I couldn't watch it.

The images on the screen in front of me were unlike any I had seen before. They weren't images from a movie or fictional story, but they were images of people who had been discarded by society. People who were left in the streets to die. To see the images made me sick.

Yet, the heart of the man who reached out to these people caused my own heart to turn...  What LOVE was this? There was nothing too unsightly or unclean for this man and his team to care for.  Though they had no medical training, they took people off the streets and cleaned there wounds and got them the care they needed to live, and for those that would die, they provided them dignity in their last days.

He and his family live with the people they rescue, feeding them 3 meals a day, and giving them a life with dignity, despite the fact that many of them are unable to speak, or communicate at all.  They have expanded to three homes. One for men, women and finally children who have been abandoned and left on the streets.

Never before had I grasped so fully the love and compassion of God. This man was exhibiting the very love of God... He had given his life to serve and lift up these people, yet I couldn't bare to even watch the video he showed us...

It was this day that God began to speak to me about many things. 

If this man was willing to give up everything to do this great task, then how could I say no to God for anything?  If God asked me to step out of my comfort zones, would I be obedient to it? Was there really ANYTHING worth hanging onto?  (To reach more of my massive reflection that I wrote that day of my visit, click here)

Though I visited the Home of Hope many weeks ago now while still in Bangalore, India, I watched a portion of this video (below) again today as I prayed about what to share with my friends and family.  We did nothing more than visit this ministry and pray with the people there; however, God has used this ministry to so impact my heart and shift my perspectives. 

If you choose to watch this video, I caution you that the images are incredibly difficult to look at, but I pray that if you do choose to watch it, that God speaks to your heart and uses the obedience and sacrifices made by this man and his family to encourage you in your faith.


Comments

Popular Posts